-- Page 302 --
alternate aerodromes; or, if no location identifier(s)
have been assigned;
(2) Insert ZZZZ and specify the name of the
aerodrome in Item 18, following the characters
1. KDFW0234 KPWA
2. KBOS0304 ZZZZ
Although alternate airport information filed in an FPL will
be accepted by air traffic computer systems, it will not be
presented to controllers. If diversion to an alternate airport
becomes necessary, pilots are expected to notify ATC and
request an amended clearance.
8. Item 18. Other Information
(a) Insert 0 (zero) if no other information; or,
any other necessary information in the sequence
shown below, in the form of the appropriate indicator
followed by an oblique stroke and the information to
1. Operators are warned that the use of indicators not
included in the provisions may result in data being rejected,
processed incorrectly, or lost.
2. Hyphens "-" or oblique strokes "/" should only be used
3. Avoid use of any other special characters in Field 18
information- use only letters and numbers.
4. An indicator without any associated information will
result in flight plan rejection.
(b) STS/ Reason for special handling by ATS
(1) ALTRV: For a flight operated in
accordance with an altitude reservation.
(2) ATFMX: For a flight approved for
exemption from ATFM measures by the appropriate
(3) FFR: Fire-fighting.
(4) FLTCK: Flight check for calibration of
(5) HAZMAT: For a flight carrying hazard-
(6) HEAD: A flight with Head of State
(7) HOSP: For a medical flight declared by
(8) HUM: For a flight operating on a
(9) MARSA: For a flight for which a
military entity assumes responsibility for separation
of military aircraft.
(10) MEDEVAC: For a life critical medical
(11) NONRVSM: For a non-RVSM
capable flight intending to operate in RVSM airspace.
(12) SAR: For a flight engaged in a search
and rescue mission.
(13) STATE: For a flight engaged in
military, customs, or police services.
Other reasons for special handling by ATS are denoted
under the designator RMK/.
(c) PBN/ Indication of RNAV and/or RNP
capabilities. Include as many of the descriptors below
as apply to the flight, up to a maximum of 8 entries;
that is a total of not more than 16 characters.
PBN/ RNAV SPECIFICATIONS
A1 RNAV 10 (RNP 10)
B1 RNAV 5 all permitted sensors
B2 RNAV 5 GNSS
B3 RNAV 5 DME/DME
B4 RNAV 5 VOR/DME
B5 RNAV 5 INS or IRS
B6 RNAV 5 LORAN C
C1 RNAV 2 all permitted sensors
C2 RNAV 2 GNSS
C3 RNAV 2 DME/DME
C4 RNAV 2 DME/DME/IRU
D1 RNAV 1 all permitted sensors
D2 RNAV 1 GNSS
D3 RNAV 1 DME/DME
D4 RNAV 1 DME/DME/IRU