-- Page 204 --
Traffic Pattern Operations
Key to traffic pattern operations
1. Enter pattern in level flight, abeam the midpoint of the
runway, at pattern altitude. (1,000' AGL is recommended
pattern altitude unless established otherwise. . .)
2. Maintain pattern altitude until abeam approach end of
the landing runway on downwind leg.
3. Complete turn to final at least 1/4 mile from the runway.
4. Continue straight ahead until beyond departure end of
5. If remaining in the traffic pattern, commence turn to
crosswind leg beyond the departure end of the runway
within 300 feet of pattern altitude.
6. If departing the traffic pattern, continue straight out, or
exit with a 45 degree turn (to the left when in a left-hand
traffic pattern; to the right when in a right-hand traffic
pattern) beyond the departure end of the runway, after
reaching pattern altitude.
7. Do not overshoot final or continue on a track which will
penetrate the final approach of the parallel runway.
8. Do not continue on a track which will penetrate the
departure path of the parallel runway.
4-3-4 Airport Operations